Monday, January 17, 2011

#55 Snow adventure

Okay, so it wasn't snowboarding in Utah, but it was skiing in Mammoth and it was a great experience! We planned to ski the first day, but an avalanche caused road closure from the lodge and we resorted to sledding to fill in the day with at least some snow action. It was freezing!
Back at the lodge's lobby we warmed up near the fireplace and I had a perfect drink for a snowy day: hot apple cider, specially made by the lodge's chef. Inside our room we had a mesmerizing view of falling snow and evergreens.
For dinner, we dined at the lodge's cozy Lakefront Restaurant where we ate delectable seafood dishes. I had salmon (with fried skin) and the yellow triangle-shaped item on the plate was polenta, which tasted like buttermilk grits. So good!
The next day the sun partially shined and we were ready to ski! After countless pizzas (ski term for breaking/stopping) and having every single person pass me, I finally let go and zoomed through the slopes, as I put aside any fears of falling and running into people. Up next...snowboarding!

No comments: